Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's 11:30 and I stopped packing an hour ago to sit down and do the readings I was supposed to start in May. The fact that I have done only a minimal amount of the required readings makes me worried not that I'll be unprepared come Monday, but more so that it's a sign I'm not capable of taking on all the work I'm about to be faced with. If I'm too lazy/distracted/uninterested in reading this material, how will I become motivated enough to do everything that will be required of me come August? The more reading I do, the more I realize how much work I'm going to have to do, and what's really expected of me. I can't even quite comprehend right now how challenging this is going to be. There's so much involved. I'm getting less anxious of meeting my roommates and all of that bullshit tomorrow and becoming increasingly panicked that in about two months I'm going to be standing in front of a class of 25 high schoolers desperately trying to fake some sort of competence.

No comments: